In November 2016, in accordance with the Remuneration Tribunal Act 1995, the Remuneration Tribunal will commence its annual review of the remuneration and allowances to be paid and other entitlements to be granted to:
- The Judiciary (ACT Supreme Court, ACT Magistrates Court, ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the Director of Public Prosecutions); and
- Part-time Holders of Public Office.
The Tribunal welcomes written submissions about the remuneration, allowances and other entitlements to be paid to the above office holders from interested persons including occupants of positions, organisations and associations.
So that the Tribunal can continue to make sound and supported remuneration decisions based on an assessment of work value, submissions should, where possible, provide supporting reasoning for any recommended changes to remuneration of a role. Some useful topics to address in submissions are:
- the actual work of the role or entity and its impact on the ACT Community;
- the role or entity’s scope of work, the extent of its advisory or decision-making powers and, where known, its budget;
- what members would be responsible for/ what work they would do; and
- your recommended remuneration for the role and any comparative data or examples that support your recommendation.
Submissions should be forwarded by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
ACT Remuneration Tribunal
PO Box 964
CIVIC SQUARE ACT 2608
The closing date for submissions is 12 noon, 8 September 2016.
Please note that submissions made to the Remuneration Tribunal are made publicly available through the Tribunal’s website http://www.act.gov.au/remunerationtribunal. Anyone making a submission has the opportunity to indicate that a submission should not be publicised.
On 27 June 2016 the Tribunal released Determination 6 of 2016 - Interim Determination - Part-time Public Office Holders - Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission (ICRC) [DOC 141.1 KB] which clarifies clauses 5, 6 and 9 of Determination 12 of 2015.
In May 2016, the Remuneration Tribunal released the discussion paper for their Review of Remuneration, Allowances and other Entitlements for Part-time Public Office Holders in the ACT Government. The Tribunal are currently considering all submissions and will discuss the Review at the 2016 Spring Sitting.