FOI Access Applications
Freedom of Information Access Applications
The ACT Freedom of Information Act 2016 (FOI Act) gives individuals the legal right to:
- access government information unless access to the information would, on balance, be contrary to the public interest;
- ask for personal information to be changed if it is incomplete, out-of-date, incorrect or misleading; and
- appeal a decision about access to a document, or a decision in relation to a request to amend or annotate a personal record.
The Chair of the Remuneration Tribunal is the principal officer (decision-maker) of the Remuneration Tribunal for the purposes of the FOI Act in relation to information in the Tribunal's possession.
The Secretary is the information officer for the ACT Remuneration Tribunal.
The Remuneration Tribunal is a "tribunal" for the purposes of section 1.1A of Schedule 1 to the FOI Act. This means that information in the possession of the Tribunal, that is not "administrative in nature", is taken to be "contrary to the public interest to disclose".
Any enquiries regarding freedom of information and documents held by the Remuneration Tribunal should be directed to the Secretary of the Remuneration Tribunal.
Documents available without an FOI Access Application
Under the FOI Act, ACT Government agencies must make available a range of documents through the ACT Government’s Open Access information site including:
- functional information;
- information about the work of the agency tabled in the Legislative Assembly;
- the Directorate’s policy documents;
- budget papers; and
- information on grants made or administered by the agency.
The Tribunal is committed to providing the community with greater access to “government information”. Consistent with this commitment and the legislative obligations under the FOI Act, the Tribunal makes publicly available its determinations (which include statement of the Tribunal’s decision), submissions and reports .
Submitting an FOI Access Application
For FOI requests, please ensure your application provides all the details required for us to assist you. In general:
- Identify the documents you need.
- Write out the request giving as much information as you can about the documents you want (for example, a reference to a newspaper report or describe the subject matter in which you are interested.
- Provide a postal address in Australia where correspondence can be sent to you.
- Post or email your request to the Secretary of the Remuneration Tribunal who fulfils the role of FOI Information Officer for the ACT Remuneration Tribunal.
ACT Remuneration Tribunal
PO Box 964
CIVIC SQUARE ACT 2608
There are no application fees for FOI requests to ACT Government agencies or statutory boards, but processing charges may apply.
FOI Disclosure Log
Under the FOI Act, agencies are required to have a disclosure log listing Freedom of Information requests received. Details of requests for personal information are not required to be reported under the Act and therefore are not provided here.
The application, decision and any released documents can be viewed in the disclosure log.