The ACT Remuneration Tribunal will conduct major reviews into particular offices from time to time. These major reviews are used to inform Tribunal determinations.
Major Review: ACT Public Service Senior Executive Service remuneration, allowances and other entitlements
The ACT Remuneration Tribunal has released its Final Report on the Remuneration, Allowances and Other Entitlements for ACT Public Service senior executives. The final Report includes the Tribunal’s key decisions to:
- establish a clearer remuneration differential between the executive classification bands and a more consistent progression within a band which has resulted in increases to remuneration of each executive level by different percentages;
- increase the base remuneration level of each band (i.e. Level 1.1, 2.1, 3.1 and 4.1) by 4.7% from 1 July 2019.
- provide additional remuneration of $10,000 per annum for the Head of Service;
- adjust the fringe benefit tax payment from $7,000 to $7,500; and
- increase to the maximum relocation allowance amount, and make provision for the repayment of this allowance if an executive’s engagement is ended within twelve months of the date of their commencement.
Attachment A - Determination 9 of 2018 - ACTPS Executives [PDF 634.4 KB]
Attachment A - Determination 9 of 2018 - ACTPS Executives [DOC 44.3 KB]
The review highlights the significant changes in the evolution of the ACTPS since self-government almost 30 years ago. The competitive executive labor market within which the ACT sits is also highlighted.
The Tribunal believes the implementation of the Final Report decisions provides a sound basis for ensuring that the remuneration, allowances and other entitlements for executives provides a competitive environment for the ACTPS to continue to attract and retain quality executives.
The decisions above have been implemented through the Tribunal’s Public Service Executives Determination 2 of 2019 which takes effect on 1 July 2019. Other decisions are in the form of recommendations to the ACT Government.
Review of Remuneration, Allowances and Other Entitlements for Part-time Public Office Holders
Review of Entitlements for Members of the ACT Legislative Assembly
Final Report on the Reviews of Entitlements for Members of the ACT Legislative Assembly - April 2014 [ PDF 296KB]
Final Report on the Reviews of Entitlements for Members of the ACT Legislative Assembly - April 2014 [ DOC 156KB]